If you intend to write a paper and you aim to succeed, the first thing you should do is to understand what exactly you are dealing with. It is necessary because any paper has its peculiarities and one should be careful to preserve them in their work. So, the first question you have to answer is: “What is an expository essay”?
The expository essay aims to provide the reader or listener with some well-grounded information and analysis of some issue. Any views or ideas you state have to be founded on evidence, reliable facts or examples. Although the expository essay may seem to be quite similar to the persuasive one, there are some differences. Expository essay writing presupposes logical explanation or definition of the subject straightforwardly. It would be more understandable to say that some easy expository essay topics contain different question markers like “how,” “in what way,” etc. And, one of the peculiarities of such an essay is that you don’t need to prove whether or not you agree with the statement of the topic. You are to answer the question and provide some supporting evidence as well. The critical points of the topic are to be illustrated with different examples, which involves doing in-depth research. And the last but crucial step is choosing the right topic.
Good Expository Essay Topics for Any Purpose
The main topic of your expository essay should t be precise and easy to understand. It is better to highlight one issue and refrain from covering too many of its aspects. Remember — every little thing you want to mention in your essay should be well-reasoned. The best way to achieve that is to pick a topic you are interested in or have some general knowledge about. Try not to make your essay sound too ‘dry’ — you can use some interesting or even unknown facts to grab the audience’s attention; alternatively, you can crack a joke to make your article sound a bit funny. Pay attention to the issues that are popular among your readers to make sure your essay isn’t too boring.
Among the wide range of expository writing essay topics the following types could be identified:
- Definition Essay. This type of essay contains an explanation of some concepts or anything else we can encounter in the world around us. You are free to write about some biological species or even such abstract matters as love and freedom.
- Classification Essay. In this essay, you can do classification based on some more generalized concept, and then explain and prove the system you’ve made.
- Compare & contrast essay. The name of this type explains its central idea. Take two (or more) things, phenomenon or concepts and compare them by finding their differences or similarities.
- Cause and Effect essay. Such type of article contains a more detailed description of interrelationships between things and explains how they affect each other.
- Process essay or “How To” essay. This is a kind of step-by-step instruction on how to do something that your readers are interested in.
Let’s check out the below list of expository essay topics that you can either use unchanged or base your topic on.
Gripping Expository Essay Topics for Middle School
In most cases, essay topics in middle school don’t require brainstorming and are, therefore, quite simple. However, you may find the below topics quite d thought-provoking.
- Reasons for the popularity of science-fiction books nowadays
- What does it take to be a smart consumer?
- How does weather affect our mood?
- How can obesity affect people’s social status?
- Influence of the Internet on our lives
- Books or movies? Why do some people prefer cinemas to libraries?
- How does the quality of one’s life depend on one’s education?
Expository Essay Topics for High School That Are worth Writing
In high school, students can be confronted with more difficult essays. Nevertheless, it doesn’t mean that the writing process becomes any less exciting.
- Jingle Bells: Formation of Christmas traditions
- Why do people become attached to different things?
- Music styles and generations
- Where would you choose to live: in the past or the future?
- Being employed while studying at high school: the pros and cons
- Eternal life. Nowadays development in cures of ageing.
- Studying foreign languages as a key to the whole world
Expository Essay Topics for College You Might Not Think About
The higher your academic level is, the more demanding essay topics become. But don’t worry — with our help it won’t be a challenge for you anymore.
- Evolution of communication. How the Internet helps us to stay in touch?
- Importance of diversity in the workplace
- How does parents’ behaviour influence their children’s future?
- The history of your college and why have you chosen it
- The peculiarities of your culture
- Steps to take to change the world
- How do we stop our past regrets from affecting our present?
Expository Essay Topics: University Level
In university professors expect their students to present them with essays that show their creativity and matured mind. Therefore, be sure to express all your skills and knowledge to present the issue as best you can.
- Social Security. How do we protect ourselves?
- How does fame change people?
- How does one choose a future career?
- Gender relation and conflict
- Reasons for fusing technology in modern society
- Nanotechnology in medicine: Is it a future yet?
- How do you write a personal letter to the employer?
As you can see, there are quite a few topics you can write an essay on. All you need to do is to be open-minded and creative about it. However, if you feel you have problems with writing an expository essay, we are ready to offer you professional assistance and save your time! Our service is always ready to provide you with high-quality expository essays, so all you need to do is just contact us!